Week 4 Descriptive Statistics
Using the Polit2SetA data set, run descriptive statistics on the following variables: respondent’s age (age) and highest school grade completed (higrade). Create a frequency distribution for the variables: race and ethnicity (racethn) and currently employed (worknow). Create a table (in APA format) summarizing the results, using the below table shell as a model. Write a paragraph summarizing the information in the table.
Table 1. Demographic Data (N = 30)
n % M (SD)
Age (in years) 30 15(2.4)
Highest School Grade Completed 29 11(1.2)
Race and Ethnicity
Black, Not Hispanic 14 (46.67)
Hispanic 8 (26.67)
White, Not Hispanic 6 (20.0)
Other 2 (6.66)
Yes 27 (90)
No 3 (10)
Note. Differences in sample size are due to missing data.
Follow these steps when using SPSS:
1. Open Polit2SetA data set.
2. Click on Analyze, then click on Descriptives Statistics, then Descriptives.
3. Click on the first continuous variable you wish to obtain descriptives for (respondent’s age), and then click on the arrow button and move it into the Variables box. Then click on highest school grade completed and then click on the arrow button and move it into the Variables box.
4. Click on the Options button in the upper-right corner. Click on mean, standard deviation, minimum, maximum, and skewness.
5. Click on Continue and then click on OK.
To run the frequency distribution in SPSS, do the following:
1. Click on Analyze, then click on Descriptive Statistics, then Frequencies.
2. Click on the first categorical variable you wish to obtain a frequency for (race and ethnicity), and then click on the arrow button and move it into the Variables box. Then click on currently employed, and then click on the arrow button and move it into the Variables box. Click on the Statistics button in the upper-right corner, then in the Dispersion box click on Minimum and Maximum.
3. Click on Continue and then click on OK.
Assignment: Create a table (in APA format) summarizing the results, using the below table shell as a model. Write a paragraph summarizing the information in the table.
Energy flow in ecosystems essay writing a discursive essay writing being a college student description essay pharmacy school essay years sae research papers lester?
Writing an admission essay steps
Descriptive essay writing is a challenge even for professionals, requires you to take closer notice of the world around you. Even if not naturally vigilant, once you open up your senses to how things look, smell and sound, you’ll find it easier to start communicating these observations in your writing. Though a difficult skill to acquire, descriptive writing adds color and interest to anything you write.
What are the first steps in writing a descriptive essay?
Essay Punch takes users through the process of writing an essay. From pre-set writing prompts users learn to develop an idea and write their descriptive, informative and persuasive essays.
Steps in writing descriptive essay
After choosing an essay pattern, now all you need is to write your descriptive essay, on any topic, according to your pattern’s structure. Also, be sure to read the A+ writing tips for a descriptive essay on any topic below. Follow these instructions and you will write a high grading descriptive essay.
Easy Steps to Writing a Narrative Essay | Pen and The Pad
Before you begin writing the descriptive essay, you need to have a clear idea why you are writing it. Was it something that was really memorable? Remember that your goal is to make the reader experience almost as clear as your past experiences.
How to Write a Descriptive Narrative Essay
A descriptive essay is a piece of writing that allows the writer to as accurately as possible give their impressions of the subject matter and allows the readers to see it in the same way. It features the use of plenty of descriptive language, and requires lots of imagination. The description of the event or item does not need to be factual, but it should be believable.